Friday, July 15, 2016

Grocery Shop

Today was payday therefore today is ........ grocery shopping day !!!!

Four store shop this week.  First off .....

Farmer's Market - cantaloupe - $3  The lady I was going to buy beets from today to make pickled beets was not there so I looked around to see what looked amazing and this cantaloupe jumped into my basket !!  lol no not quite.  A lovely lady was passing out samples and it tasted great.  Nice and juicy so home one came.

Sam's Club - $26.16   I go to Sam's Club about every 3 to 4 months as it is the other side of town.  However, I needed toilet paper and ketchup so off I went.  The toilet paper was on sale for $2 off which was great.  I also got a box of 6 1 pound packages of garden rotini to make pasta salad with.  It was $1.25 off regular retail.  I also got my can of ketchup.

Aldi's - $13.30  Aldi's is not far from Sam's Club so I decided to pop in there and see what they had on my list.  I got:  2 loaves of bread, 3 dozen eggs, 2 bags salad mix, 1 box dog biscuits, 4 pounds of sugar, 2 pounds of carrots and a package of deli sliced cheese.  Not bad really.  The eggs were 59 cents a dozen.

Kroger - $43.96  Last but not least is my regular stop.  Here is what I got:  3 roll package of paper towels, 3 bottles diet ginger ale, 2 bottles salad dressing, 1 container iced tea mix, 1 box frozen waffles, 1 bag of turkey burgers, 1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies, 1 bag pizza cheese, 2 packages sliced cheese, 1 pound lunch meat, 1 pounds butter, 4 baking potatoes,1 package mushrooms, 1.89 pounds of green grapes, 1 box sweetener, 1 bag potato chips, 2 packages hamburger buns 1 box brillo pads, 1 bottles dish soap, 1 can of sliced mushrooms, 1 can sliced black olives and 1 snicker bar.  I thought I did good.  I saved 38% or $25.61 and double fuel points.  I was hungry so the snicker bar.  Next time I will plan better.  Dh is not feeling well so the ginger ale.

I have spent $86.42.

I have $20 in cash left to last until July 29.  I should be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment