Monday, August 1, 2016

Grocery Shop Today

I can't believe that it is August 1 already.  The summer flew by.  Dh started inservice this morning so life is back to "normal".  Of course "normal" is different now as I am no longer working outside of the home.

Ok so this is grocery shopping day.  I hit three stores this morning and will go to one later today.  So far,

Aldi
2 24 packs of bottled water
4 loaves of white bread
2 bags of veggie straws
1 bottle of basil
1 box of quart size freezer bags

Total:  $14.41

Gordon Food Service
1 2L diet pepsi
1 2 pound bag of nectarines

Total:  $4.18

Rite Aid
11 bottles of lemon ice tea

Total:  $4.39

Total so far:  $22.98
Left to spend:  $77.02

I like to start at Aldi as it is the furthest from my home.  Veggie straws were a great find as they are $3.00 on sale at Kroger.  With dh going back to work we will go through much more bread and he will only take white bread.  Gordon is right next store so I popped in there to look at their specials.  Didn't see a lot of only two items left with me.  Had to go to Rite Aid to pick up meds and saw these marked down to 37 cents each.  Normally $1.49 each.  Saved $12.32.

I will be going to Kroger after lunch and then I will post that and my menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment