Friday, January 29, 2016

My February Starts Today ....

Today is payday and so my next month's grocery budget starts today.  My goal is to spend $200 for the month.  This includes toiletries and pet food also.

This morning I went to JR's which is a little mom and pop grocery store in town that has the best meat in town.  They run weekly meat specials and I go when I see a really good one.  Today they had boston pork butt roasts for 98 cents a pound.  We love pulled pork so I went to see what they had.

So this morning I spent:

3 dozen large eggs - $3
cabbage -                 73 cents
pork chops    -          $4.62
boston butt -             $18.60
candy bar  -             88 cents

Total:      $30.01

The eggs where an unadvertised special and I grabbed what they had on the shelf.  The pork chops were marked down and I was able to divide it into three meals.  The candy bar was a treat as this is the only store in town that carries O Henry bars and I loved these as a kid.  The boston butt was over 18 pounds and I had them divide it into four smaller roasts.  Enough for February and March.  Maybe even into April. ~smile~  So really $9 of this is for March's food budget.

When I remove the amount for next months budget I spent $21 therefore I have $179 left for the month.

I will be going to complete my shopping this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment