Saturday, January 2, 2016

Wow it has been a while !!!

Life has been crazy and blogging took a back seat.  I have been working more hours and started a side business.

However, this is the year to concentrate on debt reduction so back to pinching those pennies.  I did a large shop on December 31 but dh and I decided to count that as last year and to start fresh with the grocery numbers so this first partial week of the year I have spent the following:

Kroger:

1 tub ice cream
1 bottle cough syrup
Spent:  $5.96

Dh is sick and that is what he wanted.


Jr's Foodland:

2.27 pounds of cabbage
1 pkg chicken tenders
2 pkgs  pork chops
1 small roast
1.10 pound ground meat
1 candy bar
1 half dozen eggs
1 bag shredded pizza cheese
2 boxes Andres mints
Spent: $28.62

Jr has the best meat in town.  5 meals of meat for $20.

So far this month I have spent $34.58.  More than I wanted too but we have enough meat for the month now.  ~smile~

I am working on my menu for the next two weeks.  I will post when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment