Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last week's shopping

Sorry I have been awol.  I started working last week and I had a booth at a craft fair on Saturday and was super busy getting ready for that.

Here is what I spent last week:

Kroger - trip #1

2 bags frozen veggies
1 pkg sliced cheese
2 boxes of stuffing
1 box fruit snacks (for dd)
2 pounds of butter
2 bags of sugar
2 boxes of pasta
4 boxes of mac and cheese (2 boxes are for food drive at church)
2 bottles of ketchup
2 cans of chicken broth
1 pkg of hot dogs

Total spent:  $30.41


Kroger  - trip #2

3 boxes of frozen waffles (for dd)
1 box Kashi bars
2 boxes of stuffing (for food drive at church)
2 pounds of butter
5 bags frozen veggies
2 bags of meatballs
1 Dole smoothie (free)
10 cans of tomatoes
6 cans of Rotel

Total spent:  $34.15


Kroger - trip #3

1 bottle of fish oil
3 lbs Gala apples
3 lbs Granny  Smith apples

Total spent:  $14.05
Grand total:  $78.61

Wow !!  This is more than I had intended to spend.  Some was for a food drive at church but it was not a significant amount considering.  The apples were after we (dh and I) saw the doctor and he told dh to snack on apples not junk at night.  I thought apples were in season?  They were so expensive.  Dh loves granny smith and I love Gala therefore I got some of both.  Kroger had a great sale last week on things I needed or will need further in the month.  Therefore, I purchased extra that will balance out when I average at the end of the month.  I was completely out of butter and at $1.99 a pound I could not pass it up.  This week all I will need is milk, bread and eggs.  I still have luncheon meat for the week and if I run out dh will get peanut butter and jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment