Saturday, November 2, 2013

Groceries for Nov 3 - 8

I know I said that I was going to try to stay out of the store but dh wanted some special things this weekend and dd paid me back $25 that she owed me so off I went.

First stop was Kroger:

1 small container cole slaw
1 pkg hot dog buns
1 pkg hamburger buns
1 lb turkey bacon (free)
1 lb baby carrots (free)
1 pkg muffin mix (free)

total spent:  $3.06

Next was Aldi:

2 loaves of bread
1 container artisan lettuce
1 dozen large eggs
2 cans of tuna
4 cans green beans
10 lb potatoes

total spent:  $12.40

Finally,  I went to Publix:

2 cans manhattan clam chowder
3 thin slices of taylor pork roll

total spent:  $5.53

Grand total spent:  $22.99

Not bad I think.  The clam chowder is what dh was really wanting and Publix is the only place in town that I can find it.  The taylor pork roll is a really special treat and I only get three slices at a time at Publix.  I can't get over the price of tuna now.  I had had 12 cans and I was down to one so I had not purchased any in a while.  I thought I did good only paying 69 cents a tin.  I was out of green beans and they were .49 cents a can at Aldi.

I love my freebies that Kroger sends me every couple of months.  It really helps stretch the grocery dollar.

I will post my menu for next week later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment