Friday, June 6, 2014

Grocery Shop June 6, 2014

This is my first shop since going back to the $40 a week format.  I have not completed my shopping by any stretch of the imagination but I have started so I thought I would post so I didn't forget.

Farmer's Market:

1 bag lettuce
3 small cucumbers

$3.00

Wal-Mart:

mustard
ranch dressing

$2.63

Spent so far:  $5.63
Left:  $34.37

Dh and I talked and we liked the lettuce so much more from the farmer's market.  We have a market Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.  It costs more than the grocery store but it tastes so much better.  My cucumbers are not in yet so I bought a couple for the salad.

Wal-Mart is somewhere that I rarely, if ever, go but I had purchased some work shirts that did not fit right when I got home.  Back they went and while I was there picked up the two items I knew I needed right now.  Dd was complaining that I didn't have any ranch.  I thought I did but it turned out to be caesar dressing.

I will post next week's menus when I get them finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment