Thursday, May 29, 2014

It's been a while ......

Life is finally returning back to "normal" a little bit.  My houseguests have moved out this week and my daughter is talking about moving this summer.  With just 3 adults living in the house now and the 3rd not eating with us very often, I can resume my goal of just $40 a week in groceries starting next week.

My dh will be home for the summer starting on Tuesday so he will be eating 3 meals a day at home until the end of July.  Dd normally just eats breakfast and sometimes lunch at home (even though she works from home she tends to buy her own food to keep in a little fridge in her room) and my crazy work schedule (some weeks 23 hours some weeks 36) it will still be a challenge.  The big challenge will be to keep dh out of McDonald's drive thru while I am at work. :)

I will inventory this coming weekend to see where I stand before I plan.  I just had a toss a kitchen size garbage bag of food out that a mouse got into.  grrrrrr

Stay tuned .....

No comments:

Post a Comment